So, this morning I decided that I had waited quite long enough, and should make an itty bitty pin cushion for my cross stitching boxes. Using an excellent tutorial, which can be found here, I made this little lovely
This is the top, so here, have a picture of the side
This view shows a good bit of the herringbone pattern, further round the stitching got a little bit cramped, but hey ho. Not bad at all for my first attempt :). They’re very cute, I think, and so quick to make, I may well save up some more bottle tops and made quite a few 🙂 Can never have too many pin cushions around, I don’t think.
And, since it was the Last Night of the Proms yesterday, I got around to finishing some more socks 🙂 Unfortunately, wordpress doesn’t seem to like that photo, so you’ll have to pop over to ravelry to see them 🙂 I haven’t worn them yet, other than trying them on as I was knitting them, but I’m looking forward to trying them out. The foot is a touch longer than my previous socks, which I think is good, it stops the stretch across the arch of the foot.
Right, I’m back to making Christmas cards, so I’ll drop by when there are some more nice things to show you 🙂