Okay, so I mentioned in my last post that the cardigan has had some gauge issues. Well, more than that, it’s had a rather checkered history all over!
According to ravelry, I started this in June last year. Wow! I first mentioned it on here in July, when I was at a conference in Warwick. It then got put on hold, first for Christmas presents, and then my November sweater. (I figured that I would be hard pressed to get all the cables done in a month! And then the seaming…). And then it was Christmas, and I wasn’t going to knit it when I was around people, too complicated!
So then I picked it up again in January, when I posted about the finished sleeve, and started the other. Which got under-way fine. But then my little nagging voice at the back of my mind started saying something about how it felt a bit looser than the previous one… so I finished up the increases, and measured the cabled section against each other.
Yep, my gauge, somewhere, somewhen had changed. I was definitely looser than before. *sighs*.
At this point, I was prepared to start the sleeve again, but cooler heads at my knittng club prevailed, and I worked on my socks for a while, until I felt better prepared to actually look at what was going on.
It wasn’t the sleeve I was currently working on that had the faulty gauge… That sleeve had the same size for the cabled bit all the way through. So my first sleeve somehow got tighter part way through. No idea how that one happened, but ok. So, when I’ve finished this sleeve, I need to figure out where my tension changed, and frog back to there. Great.
But, on the other hand, this second sleeve is nearly finished!