So, now I’ve finished one stripe of my blanket, I decided it was an excellent time to get out another one I have the yarn for. It’s a Dick Bruna pattern (so very bright!), for my cousin, who had a baby this summer (I cross stitched the ‘love is‘ for her, remember?). Unfortunately, this pattern was photocopied in black and white, and so the whole ‘use the colours shown in the charts’ thing kinda doesn’t work… I found a picture of it online though, so this is pretty much what it’s going to look like
The pattern calls for you to knit the thing in squares and sew it together…however, I know me! Instead, I’m knitting it in stripes, and then I’ll sew the stripes together. So far I’ve finished up to and including the ‘k’ from the first column, but it doesn’t look particularly impressive yet (it hasn’t been backstitched!), but I’ll try and get a photo of it for the next blog post. I’m kinda hoping this will get done by Christmas…but we’ll have to wait and see I think for that!