So this blanket is really racing along now. The joining is nearly halfway done, and I think it’s looking pretty good (having Friday off really helped with this!)
This joining method is pretty awesome, and I’m now very tempted to make a new scrappy blanket joined this way. Its another way of making lots of squares and then putting them together, making it portable, but they aren’t sewn together, so it’s much less fuss than that! Maybe after Christmas! Although adding in new squares is rather annoying. I’ve got a method going pretty well, but manhandling the whole blanket is already annoying, and it’s just going to get harder…
Hopefully it’ll be finished next week… I have a deadline in my mind of posting it next Monday, so if I’ve joined it all this week, then I can do the border over the weekend, hopefully. We’ll have to wait and see really, if I can wrangle enough time to spend on it!
I’ve also decided to really get on with this annoying Dick Bruna blanket The realisation that I’ve been working on it for more than a year suddenly hit me, so I’ve decided that it can be my NaNo project 😛 So every day in November (until it’s finished) I will finish a square on it (I’ve done up to and including O is for Octopus). I should finish sometime in the middle of November then, and the damn thing will be done. I’m so never doing it again!