So, firstly, the WIP Saturday potion of events- I actually did some on the wolf!!!!! Go me!!!! Not as much as I’d’ve liked for an afternoon spent solidly stitching, but I’m biased because some of that was backstitching, and some was stitching so I could do more backstitching (which I think I hate more than getting on with the backstitching), and some of it was not progress because in my mind I was further along than I actually was and so I had to catch up…
But! I have (nearly) reached the top left corner, so I’ll call that a win. Technically I haven’t stitched the top left corner, but that’s only a technicality, I’ve stitches all around it!
I’ve also started the sleeves (a.k.a. two gauge swatches) for cockatoo brase, but one of them is currently washing so I can’t show you that.
So, onto a recap of my January goals:
- Finish-finish my preparation cross stitch. Done! (Well, excpet for gluing the felt on the back, but that’s waiting until I go home- probably Easter)
- Finish the OLAS cardigan. Done! And Kita loves it, and is apparently living in it, which makes my heart do this weird fluttery thing
- Knit the headband from left over viva jumper yarn. Done! Just realised that I haven’t shown you this before, so have a pic of it now!
- Bonus: finish the sky up to the top left corner. Done!
Score! 4 for 4 this time around! Oh, and I also swatched for cockatoo brae. Still don’t have gauge (I’ve got 8 stitches an inch on 2.5mm needles, and 6 stitches an inch on 3mm needles. The pattern calls for 7 stitches an inch…I’ve ordered 2.75mm needles at 150cm long so I should be able to try it on as I go- assuming that I’ll get gauge on this size!)
So, cookies for me! What’s the plan for next month, I hear you ask? (Well, I don’t, but I’ll assume you asked!).
- Finish my mothers first pair of socks. She’s coming over on the 17th, so she can try on the sock and I can then get cracking on it’s partner- well I can get cracking now, but when she’s tried it on I can do the heel and leg. I have a plan if this current sock doesn’t fit which doesn’t involve frogging the whole thing, so it shouldn’t take too long to fix if necessary
- Keep working on the wolf. Ideally I’d like to hit 75% this month, but I’m not sure how ambitious that is
- Sew the wedding card for April’s wedding…I probably shouldn’t’ve put this off but I only just realised that the wedding is in April…
- Get gauge on cockatoo brae (and then start the sleeves and realise that my gauge swatch has been lying to me…)
- Bonus! Stick all my sock yarn (not my mum’s)(including pictures) on ravelry and come up with patterns and an order for knitting them on my queue. This shouldn’t take too long, I just need to sit down and do it one weekend day. (This is probably this afternoon’s job)
This…all kinda feels adventurous. We’ll see how we go I guess. And I’m still learning how much I can do in a month. I think February’s goals felt adventurous, but I still managed to hit all of them (amazing what you can do when you actually WORK ON WHAT YOU’RE MEANT TO BE WORKING ON isn’t it?)!