Umm, August happened already, what is going on??? Let’s have a look at what was supposed to happen…
- Finish Mildred’s socks. This is getting stupid now. They are also the last things (on the needles) to give other people, so double incentive to finish them!
Umm, nope. September maybe???
- Sew Kita’s pillowcase together. The procrastination is wildly strong on this one…:/
Yes!!!!!! I finally did the thing! And it can now be posted as their new place
- Work out what on Earth is going on with my cockatoo brae. If it is my gauge I’m going to be annoyed…
Nope. The nope is strong on this one…I have bigger fish to fry right now. This will probably get looked at after Christmas at the rate of things at the moment…
- Work out which socks have the most left to do that are mindless for all the train rides (4, or 5 if you count connections as separate trains) (If I finish the Mildred socks this is totally a good enough excuse to start new socks…)
Nope. I decided to do cross stitch Mill Hill kits, which is definitely a good thing. Now I just need to order some more…
- Bonus: get to the yoke of cockatoo brae, depending on what is going on with it.
Hahahahahaha nope. See above
- Bonus: work out what everyone’s getting for Christmas, and if it’s crafting work out a plan of attack for them…
Yes! So I now have revised plans for the rest of the year!
Ok, so we’re now 2/3 of the way through the year, and I’m throwing out my original plans for the year. Christmas somehow snuck up on me (as if it wasn’t the same time every year…). So, new goals:
- Crochet this elephant for my aunt. This is the only Christmas present I’m making this year (unless I decide to make something for my brother-in-law. I have no idea on what to get him. Any suggestions???)
- See how much of this wedding sampler I can get done. I’ve finished S, so I now have A-H,J-N, T-Z as well as the names, dates and beads. So 20 small sections, beads and backstitching. Arguably z should count as 2-4 sections, but let’s count it as one and plan on doing bits of it while technically working on other sections. 2 sections a month is probably the minimum to keep on track with this, but let’s aim for 3.
- Finish Mildred’s socks. (This is starting to feel a bit silly. All I have left to do is one afterthought heel… I think I’m stuck on picking the stitches up for it, and the fact that the project is at work, and knitting club doesn’t meet during the summer…so that needs to come home to get done.)
So, September goals and a plan of attack:
- Three sections of the wedding sampler. W, X and Y I suppose.
- Bring home Mildred’s socks and pick up the stitches for the heel (baby steps…as soon as I do this the rest of it will just fall into place…)
- Get gauge on the elephant??? IDK, I’m having a mental block on how to deal with the sampler and the elephant goals….halp???
Or should I do two bits for the wedding sampler, and two weeks on the elephant??? Advice please, peoples! Or do I just concentrate on the elephant and see if I can crochet it in a month??? (Actually, I really like that idea… Yeah, let’s go with that one)
Change of plan:
- Finish Mildred’s socks. Just…just do it already.
- Crochet all the bits of the elephant.
- Order Christmas stocking mill hill kits (as in, the Mill Hill kits I think people would like), and make a start on them. There’s 5, and the seagull is one of them. This is one of thse spontaneous plans which is always more trouble than it’s worth, but always just works out for me so I never learn from them…