Gah!!! How did July fly by??? (Don’t answer that, I know the answer). Life got crazy busy then for a while, and it’s going to stay busy in August too. Blah. Anyway. July’s goals were (slightly optimistic)
(Yes, this is wildly late. Life has been throwing a ton of stuff my way. Unfortunately, none of it is going anywhere until September. Then normal service can resume!)
- Knit a pair of socks before my mother’s birthday (they’re interesting so this should be doable)
Done! Not as early as I had hoped, but they were gifted to her on her birthday and she loves them (even though it’s far too hot to wear them…)
- Get cockatoo brae to the yoke (the pattern is the other side of the room, but given how much zoomies I had on this last month, should be doable!)
Haha, nope. Probably won’t even happen in August, given the number of trains I’m going on (as well as the issue I might be having with the gauge…)
- Finish the plastic canvas ‘Let it snow’ cross stitch ornament (probably the best way to stave off burnout on the wedding sampler is to finish something else…)
- Blog post about buttonbox mods (hopefully will start this after I finish cokcatoo brae, I need to be prepared!)
Doneeeeeeeee!!!! How does the idea of starting buttonbox before I finish cockatoo brae sound? It might need frogging…
- Bonus: sew Kita’s pillowcase together…
Nope. Blargh. I need to just sit down and do it at some point…
- Bonus: crochet the octopus
Nope, and no motivation to do it either
- Bonus: Mildred’s socks
Nearly! I just need to do the heel now, so naturally I’m procrastinating over it…
Ok, onto August goals. Easy, tame and relatively mindless are the words of this month. I have lots of train rides coming up, so yay for socks I guess!
- Finish Mildred’s socks. This is getting stupid now. They are also the last things (on the needles) to give other people, so double incentive to finish them!
- Sew Kita’s pillowcase together. The procrastination is wildly strong on this one…:/
- Work out what on Earth is going on with my cockatoo brae. If it is my gauge I’m going to be annoyed…
- Work out which socks have the most left to do that are mindless for all the train rides (4, or 5 if you count connections as separate trains) (If I finish the Mildred socks this is totally a good enough excuse to start new socks…)
- Bonus: get to the yoke of cockatoo brae, depending on what is going on with it.
- Bonus: work out what everyone’s getting for Christmas, and if it’s crafting work out a plan of attack for them…
Ok, hopefully they’re all easy enough to do. Unfortunately, I can’t take cockatoo brae on the train trips, I don’t have much space for yarny things in my luggage on each of them.
Ooh, remind me to do a blog post about my sponsored cycle ride…(preferably before I do the damn ride…)