I went through a phase of looking at pretty boxes of floss (such lovely colours!). While I was doing that, I came across this post from Wild Olive, which had a printable of decorated bobbins. Not needing any more bobbins, I ignored it.
Fast forward a bit…maybe a year? My lovely sister found a box of random (really old Anchor) flosses in a charity shop, and brought them home for me to play around with. Rather than wind them all around floss bobbins, I decided to leave them in their starting skeins as long as possible. However, now it has gotten to the stage where some of them are rather tatty, and could do with sorting out. Rather than using the boring spare bobbins I have, I decided to jazz them up a little. Using that post as inspiration, and some spare colourful pens I got for revision, this is the result
I especially like the one with the eye-patch :). They’re a bit difficult to see here, so here are some individual shots
I think they’ll be very happy when they’re all flossed up and ready to work 🙂
Speaking of which, I’m off to go and do just that. And then maybe some cross stitch for good measure