The latest stocking has been finished!!! Woot!!!!Not exactly Christmassy, but nice and wintery! I especilly love the snowman, even if it doesn’t seem have any eyes!
This is an extra 3 hours 40 minutes on top of work already done, for a total of 7 hours 10 minutes. Not bad really, I do think 🙂
I’ve been watching the snooker whilst stitching these- calm enough that I can concentrate on the stiching, but important enough that any really impressive shots are repeated so I can see them! Excellent all around really!
Is anyone else watching the snooker???
Finished!!! Well, it was actually finished a while ago, but I was too busy to blog about it 🙂 According to my stopwatch app, this took me 4 hours 25 mins. Plus an extra 10 mins I forgot to turn the stop watch on for! D’oh!
This was an interesting stitch. I was very eager to get started on it, but then it started dragging. I find it harder to pick up cross stitch to work on than knitting, so I’d make excuses to work on my knitting, rather than set this up. This might just be what I’m like, or it might just be because I had it kept out of the way all across the room… So I moved things around tidied up a bit and put everything I needed for it on my bed side table. Much better 🙂
In future, when I get a proper flat for myself, rather than a room in a shared house, I hope to have everything I need for cross stitch in a bag/folder by my evening chair, so it’s easier to work on. After all, if I have to get up to go get something, guess what? I’m not going to work on it.
How do you store WIPs? I’d love to read about it all
So, while I didn’t finish my cardigan last night, I did finish it this morning (and consequently had better lighting for photos!)
This cardigan has been in the works for quite a while. I started it over a year ago (June 28th, according to ravelry!). The first blog post about it was July 5th. I’ve had ups and downs with it (remember when my sleeves were different sizes?). But it all came out right in the wash (and block). I asked peoples opinion on the number of buttons (and then promptly changed my mind and decided on 8 :P). And…now it’s finished.
It’s been a long road. The blog doesn’t really show all the sweat and tears that went into it, I think. I don’t want to start the next cardigan yet (which will involve steeks). Although this project has been picked up and put down quite a lot (lesson learnt- you can hide a multitude of sins with a good block), it’s still the end of an era. This was the first cardigan I started (and then ignored for NaNo last year…), and it’s taught me a lot. And now it needs to let me spread my wings and knit another 🙂
So, what have I learnt?
- Blocking solves everything
- I prefer my sleeves and body slightly longer than (this pattern, at least) calls for. At Christmas I’m going to get a complete set of body measurements for future reference
- Next time I’m knitting the sleeves in the round, although they weren’t that bad to seam
- Knitting all the body in 1 was an excellent idea 🙂
- Sewing sleeves into shoulders isn’t that bad, just put in lots of stitch markers to line everything up nicely
- The number of buttons the pattern calls for it probably the best number to go with
- When going on a yarn crawl, take the thing you need buttons for!
- I detest twisted rib, but the effect is *sigh* worth it
- Holy wowsas I look good in fitted cardigans!
- Knit the buttonholes closer to the body next time
I think I need to have a lie down now while I figure out what to do with the rest of my life!