The OLAS cardigan of blue nuppiness is finished and…I’m kinda sad. It’s nothing to worry about, the usual end of large project meh-ness.
It has pockets, which in the end was awkward. I had forgotten to put in a row of stitches for an ‘afterthought pocket’, so I had to pick up stitches and cut the yarn for it (which low-key terrified Kita, but it was all good).
It also has massive sweater paws…as in larger than planned. I had planned sweater paws of a small measure, but in the end the sleeves ended up longer than planned, so the ribbing needs to be folded up more than expected. It’s all good though
The cables on it are awesome
-shorter sleeves. I dislike sweater paws, and so will plan for my sleeves to stop at the cuff. I might actually do a provisional cast on and do the ribbing down after to ensure they stop where I want them to
-good body length. I can’t remember whether I actually kept a record of when I started shoulder/neck shaping, but if I did, I want to use that length again on mine
-reflect all the cables. The small twisty ones don’t reflect, which makes them look strange at the shoulders. So I want to reflect half of them (although I can’t remember which half…)
-I kinda want to make the shoulder seams shorter- i.e. have fewer stitches on the shoulders. I’m not yet sure how to do this, since there isn’t a good way to remove any of the other cables in it…
-I would quite like to have different pockets on mine. I want to have…I don’t know the right language for pockets, but I want more sideways one, with a curved edge. No idea how to do this, I might need to knit a few practice attempts…
However, my next attempt will have to wait for a while, I really want to get on and finish the wolf cross stitch, and then move onto the wedding sampler I have to do!