WIP Wednesday- problem edition
One thing I have learnt from knitting is that sleeves hate me. Many of you probably remember from when I was knitting my first cabled cardigan that my gauge changed significantly between sleeve 1 and sleeve 2. It all blocked out, but it was a little strange.
Guess what’s just happened on my rainbow cardigan??? Got it in one. Now, the cabled cardigan I could excuse given the length of time between me knitting the two sleeves, but there wasn’t that long a time between them for the rainbow cardigan.
The sleeve on the left was knitted first, and I measured that after doing all the increases. Since I had reached the stopping point, I happily got on and knitted the cap. So when it came to the second sleeve, I remembered (and checked) that I hadn’t knitted beyond the final increase before decreasing, and so I went along my merry way knitting the second cap. Finish the cast off, line them up next to each other to take a picture and…oops. The weird thing is is that it’s only the row gauge which has changed. The top and bottom are still the same width as each other. It just really looks like I haven’t knitted the same number of rows between increases (I checked that, I have).
Having slept on it, I think that my best bet will be to frog to the last increases and just knit the extra length. It won’t be that noticeable, and I can’t be bothered to frog the first sleeve and reknit it, hoping that I get the same gauge. However, if anyone has alternative ideas, I’d be delighted to hear them!
In the meantime, while I mull over that some more, I think I’m going to cast on for cockatoo brae. Starting with the sleeves (two at a time. I can be taught!)