So, the bike ride was delightful, but completely exhausting. I had packed this little mill hill kit to work on in the evenings (there is nothing worse than sitting around with nothing to do…). This is how far I got
*lesigh*. I decided to bead as I went so I could ditch the threads I’d used (none of the beads on the bottom half use the lightest grey, and there’s only the main bling to secure with the white, so I kept a small length of that).
As it was, this was all done at the b&b I stayed at the night before the trip actually started. And to think that I was thinking that I was racing through it and might run out before the end of the trip. *facepalm*
Yeah…I had no free time on this cycle trip. In between reaching the venue we were sleeping in, showering, eating dinner, setting up my bed for the night and actually falling asleep…to waking up early, getting dressed, helping make breakfast, eating breakfast, packing everything up for the bike ride and getting going, free time was completely nonexistant. So this kit will get to remind unfinished for a while as I work on other things. Although I have more trips planned soon, so it might not be unfinished for long… Which is a good thing as it might end up in someone’s stocking at Christmas…if I can justify making others for everyone else…
So I guess I can add one to the 2017 finished object pile- I (finally) got around to sewing on the poppers and buttons to finish it.
I started this (finally) back in June, although it has been mostly finished for a while now- I just had to wait until I went to my parents place for Christmas to block and sew it together. The sleeves weren’t the same length (there’s a whole post coming about sleeves…), but apart from that I’m really please with how it came together. I even didn’t wait to sew the buttons on before I started wearing it as a slouchy cardigan on Christmas Eve! And now I get to wear it as a proper cardigan!
Yes, there are 5 buttons on it. They’re all different colours, but I made a point about matching the embroidary thread to the button colour. It’s so delightfully tacky!
I also finished, blocked and gave my mum’s shawl to her for Christmas. No picture of that because I’m a muppet, but it was well received (along with the shawl pin I got her). In the end I needed to do another 3 inches of stocking stitch before I could cast off and block, but it was totally worth it!
And the seagull! I don’t think I mentioned this when I started it, but I decided that my aunt should have a seagull to go in her beach hut cupboard, and proptly started making her one. It was made and delived on Christmas (it stands if the beak is bent, rather amusingly), and my aunt has decided that it’s too cute to live in a cupboard and only be seen by people who are being nosy, and so will live on the mantlepiece.